Chocolate Chip Cookie Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars – Recipe
I found some pre-made refrigerated cookie dough in the supermarket the other day, and bought it on impulse.
However once I got home I realised that I had no intention of making chocolate chip cookies from a tube- I was feeling creative. A quick search on the internet on how to use pre-made cookie dough, and I found a few recipes for chocolate chip cheesecake bars. Cookies and cheesecake? Awesome!
As I was getting my ingredients ready in the kitchen, I unearthed a can of pumpkin pureé, and remembered that I've been meaning to try making a pumpkin pie cheesecake-type thing.
-1 lot of pre-made chocolate chip cookie dough
-4oz cream cheese (about half of a regular pack)
-Half a can of pumpkin pureé
-1/4 cup sugar
-1/2tsp each of cinnamon and nutmeg
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degreees C, line an 8" square baking tray with foil and lightly oil or butter it.
2) Take 2/3 of your cookie dough and spread it evenly on the bottom of the tin (I wetted the back of a spoon with water to make spreading it around easier.
3) Lightly whisk together all of the other ingredients together in a bowl (I used a balloon whisk- I thought using an electric one would beat in too much air and ruin the smooth texture I wanted).
4) Pour the pumpkin cheesecake mixture over your cookie dough base.
5) Break off bits of your remaining cookie dough and scatter it over the top of the cheesecake (a bit like a cobbler).
6) Bake for about 35 minutes, take out of the oven and cool.
7) Chill for at least 3 hours, cut into squares, serve and enjoy!